Smoked BBQ Chicken with Rice
A delicious and mouth watering Smoked BBQ chicken FREE on the Slimming World plan! I have made this up in a batch and froze it for a quick meal prep when my partner is at work.
- 3 Roasted peppers in brine Drained
- 25 Grams Root ginger Peeled & Chopped
- 5 Large Garlic cloves
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 Onion Finely chopped
- 1 Small Red pepper De-seeded and sliced
- 1 Small Yellow pepper De-seeded and sliced
- 1 Tbsp Smoked paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Dried chipotle chilli flakes or just chilli flakes
- 3 Tbsp Light soy sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp Cider vinegar
- 227 Grams Canned tomatoes Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Tomato purée
- 1 Chicken stock cube
- 700 Grams Skinless & boneless chicken breast Strips
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Put the roasted pepper, ginger, garlic and add 50ml of water in a small blender or use a hand blender and blitz until puréed.
Spray a large frying pan (preferably non stick for ease) with the low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat.
Put the onion and peppers Into the pan and fry for approximately 5 minutes adding water if it starts to stick to the pan.
Add the roasted pepper purée that you made earlier with the smoked paprika, chilli flakes, soy sauce, vinegar, chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, stock cube and 330ml boiling water.
Add the chicken to the pan and simmer for approximately 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
Remove from the heat and serve with rice and your favourite (SP) vegetables.